Thursday, September 25, 2008

o-e-o-e-o, ice ice ice

I don't actually like that song, get over it. It's just stuck in my head, god damnit. Anyway...

One thing in particular that I noted today: Japan just smells different.

This is not always a bad thing, some of my favorite food comes from here, and of course that smells great. I guess it's just the unfamiliarity of it that really gets to me, what with my icky case of the lonelies nowadays (yes, I did just use the word "icky"). Though I feel a little more at ease around my host family, it's still hard as hell to communicate with them beyond "un"ing, "hai"ing, and nodding emphatically, pretending I know what the hell is going on when I really, really don't.

The last couple of days have been pretty busy as well, which is a mixed blessing. Nice to get out and do something, have some time taken up during my day where I'm not sitting on my butt in front of the computer. The thing is, though, that when you don't have much to say in Japanese with other people either and you apparently have an affinity for carrying way too much shit with you, going on daily adventures can get tiresome.

I also finally bought my phone yesterday, and was starting to be okay about feeling like I gave up some, as of yet unknown, piece of my body when I got an email today from my mother asking me TWICE in the same paragraph "what happened to getting a prepaid phone?" I love you Mom, but honestly I don't want to hear anything that makes it sound like I made a bad decision right now, feeling inadequate enough kthanks. There's only so much I can do with a language I can barely comprehend and therefore cannot thoroughly research products/plans from the country which the aforementioned language originated.

I am thinking that I just really need to make some friends (ones that aren't forced upon me), and do something I LIKE with said friends. You know, it might also help if I could find a guy, they are nice distractions. Then again, I can under no circumstances have any friends (of either gender) in my bedroom here, so it's not like anything could happen... at least not if I didn't want to get a hotel room or mess around in a park or something. Ugh.

On that note, I am going to go watch the season premiere of Heroes and then go read till I pass out.

P.S. One more thing, I've uploaded a crap ton of photos in the last couple of days so feel more than welcome to click on the flickr majigger on the top of the sidebar to check 'em out!

No comments: