Wednesday, December 17, 2008

White Christmas... or lack thereof

Now, more than ever, do I want to be home for Christmas. The day is coming up pretty quick here and I've heard from family and friends alike about how much it has been snowing back at home. Apparently they got 9 inches, which is fucking crazy if you think about the fact that we usually only get like 2 or 3... cumulative, for the whole winter. (Which, by the way, still shuts down the schools on occasion. It's the northwest, we're built for rain not snow!)

It's been years and years since my parents have had a Christmas tree at home, and with them having it this year, and having all this snow on top of that, I'm really sad I can't be home.

One thing that should help me feel better though is that I'm going to see my friend Paige today, who was in Japanese with me last year (aka, fellow PSU student) and is studying at Aoyama Gakuin (AGU). For some strange reason, we've both been here 3 months but have yet to hang out. So we're fixing that tonight by going out to eat in Shinjuku... and probably getting lost haha.

Fellow blogger JT has also offered to provide me with some social comfort in the way of a drinking/move watching/whatever-ing buddy over the break, so at least I'll have someone to hang out with.

Ok, time to stop slacking off and go study for my exam that starts in three hours. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a blogger thing :D

I'm a n00b so I'm poking around to figure this shit out.

I wanna subscribe to your blog.