Monday, December 8, 2008

Just my luck

Junior, cute Japanese boy who volunteers in my class... has a girlfriend. That he's been with for almost 2 years. Of course.

Which makes me think about Saturday night when I was out with my friend Ken and his coworker. At one point we were talking about Christmas and Ken was telling me that I have to get a boyfriend (he might have said should get one, but I was relatively drunk at this point) . Anyway, because of this they then proceeded to ask me what kind of guy I like and I wasn't very detailed, figuring it'd take too much dictionary use to give them a big list, so I pretty much summed it up to smart, funny, and cute. They also asked me if there was someone I liked at Waseda, and I told them there were a couple nice guys, but that I had no confidence. Now that I look back on that, I was referring to two--Junior and the guy who first subtly rejected me. So that was kind of pointless.

I don't really have time to go into how ridiculous Sunday night/Monday was, but just suffice it to say that Tokyo Cowgirl and I got the best kind of bonding two American women in Japan can get--getting completely drunk together. On a side night, that night also reaffirmed my love for Dave Chappelle.

"Fuck yo' couch!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad there are no pictures from Sunday because they would be pretty messy... I think the only thing the three of us didn't do that night was my original suggestion, to put on Obama '08 pins and dance around like crazy people :-D