Sunday, October 19, 2008

Exhausted with being exhausted

So much for posting on a more consistent basis. Looks like I am starting a once a week trend now that I can only really use the internet on campus. On top of not having internet to keep me distracted at home, I have been absolutely exhausted on days that I am busy with school. Though I get tons of sleep on the weekends, I feel like I get barely enough to get through the week, and that thought is dragging me down already.

Okay, maybe I should move to something more entertaining before I zonk out at the desk and scare all of the Japanese students around me.

I met with a friend this weekend that I first met online, and one of the great things about that was the hilarious conversation we had while sitting on the Tsukuba express, discussing the courtesy seat symbols. (I have read at least one other blog entry about this topic, but I thought his points would be entertaining nonetheless.)

He's a sign that's not the same, but similar... I'll explain the differences.


Anyway, the ones we were looking at didn't show the bottom part of their legs, just the thigh part. Because of this, my friend was saying that supposed thigh part of the person could just be a shadow of a standing figure. This, to him, made the equivalent of the 2nd picture appear to be a man stealing away with a bag of kidnapped children slung over his shoulder. I asked him why his deluded mind came up with that as opposed to say, Santa with a bag of presents over his shoulder, and he said it was obviously not Santa because he doesn't have the Santa hat on. Of course. Also, I am pretty sure I don't need to go into detail about what that first figure looks like. Oi.

That's all for my entertaining stories for now, I have to wake up super early tomorrow morning to go to Hakone with the rest of the students from my program, and I need to be bright and bushy-tailed first thing if I am going to make it through the day. Ugh, time to trek on home.

No comments: