Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boring, but an update nonetheless

I realized last night that today would be my official one month mark. It feels a little surreal, especially with how much time I have left as well. Nine more months and it feels like it is stretching off into the distance.

On the bright side, though, I am starting to feel a little bit better about my skill in Japanese (Emphasis on the little bit). I finally met my host parents' daughter (she's staying with us because she and her husband had a tiff, what a situation), and she complimented me on my Japanese, and then today in class one of the volunteer students complimented me as well. I don't know if my Japanese has gotten any better per se, more than my confidence level in speaking it has simply gone up... though I still waffle sometimes when it comes to saying what I want to.

Slowly, but surely, I am feeling a bit more comfortable, and I am definitely happy for that. The one thing that is really paining me right now is the noticeable speed at which money leaves my wallet. I knew it would be more expensive here, but now that I have spent a good chunk of time here it's really becoming noticeable. Oi.

Time to go read and write up a short paper for class later, but I will try to update again at a time sooner than I've started to adapt to, hah.

No comments: